Film reviews and movie news

WE HAVE MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE!

YOU CAN FIND OUR REVIEWS, QUIZES, VIDEOS AND MORE OVER AT HESAIDSHESAIDFM.COM

Friday, October 22, 2010

Despicable Me 3D

Director: Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud
UK release: 15 Oct 2010
US release: 9 July 2010
Starring: Steve Carell, Jason Segel, Russell Brand, Julie Andrews, Miranda Cosgrove, Dana Gaier, Elsie Fisher, Kristen Wiig



IMDB Page

She said:

The first I knew about this film was when I was in the US this summer, where Despicable Me characters adorned the walls of every IHOP restaurant I visited. I was instantly intrigued by these bean-like yellow aliens with big grins and funny goggles and knew that this was a film that would make me 'awww' a ridiculous amount. This prediction turned out to be true.

In fact not only did I 'aww' but I also had a tear in my eye at some points and of course a LOT of laughs throughout. I know it sounds cliched but this really is a film for all the family, with enough jokes and visual gags to keep both children and adults engaged and entertained.

I am trying hard to think of what I did not enjoy and I find myself unable to fault this film. The voice acting and character development was especially well done for an animated film. I highly enjoyed Agnes who is the youngest child and by far one of the funniest animated characters of the year.

I really have not laughed this much at a film for a long time - it was almost therapeutic. Please see this film. I give it {{{5 out of 5}}}

He said:
I have seen this film three times in cinema, and I have walked out of the theatre smiling and still laughing with each viewing. I seem to find something new each time I see the film.

The first teaser trailers for this film (The silhouette of Carrel's Character Gru) did not do it justice, highlighting the least imaginative of the films vast array of individual entertaining characters.

Fans of this film will be happy to note that the uber-popular minion characters currently have an animated series already in development with Cartoon Network. If nothing else Illumination Entertainment studios has stumbled upon a cash cow with many lucrative opportunities.

This is a fun film that will definitely find itself on many DVD shelves this holiday season. I absolutely suggest this film to anyone in the need of a fun and happy family friendly film. I give it {{{4.5 out of 5}}}

They said:

This film is well paced with a great balance between comedy and heart. This is a great first feature film from Illumination Entertainment and we expect great things from them in the future. We give this film {{{9.5 out of 10}}}


QUESTION FOR THE COMMENTS: WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE EVIL-VILLAIN-WITH-A-HEART?

No comments:

Post a Comment