Film reviews and movie news

WE HAVE MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE!

YOU CAN FIND OUR REVIEWS, QUIZES, VIDEOS AND MORE OVER AT HESAIDSHESAIDFM.COM

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

Directed by Zack Snyder
Starring Helen Mirren, Hugo Weaving, Jim Sturgess, Geoffery Rush, Sam Neil



IMDB LINK


He said:

If I am completely honest I have very little to say about this film. It wasn't a terrible film, and the animation was absolutely stunning. I honestly think if the concept had been so far fetched, I might have almost convinced myself that this was a live action film instead of a computer generated one.

This film is a bit more violent than I thought was appropriate for a film aimed at an audience of pre adolescent children. This is a Zack Snyder film, and it has his signature on nearly every battle scene, of which there are many.

The real issue I have with this film is that though it had a fair amount of action, the pace never seemed to pick up. I don't think this is a bad film, it just really wasn't one that I enjoyed. I give this film {{{2 out of 5}}}

She said:

My views on this film are pretty similar to what James has already said. I felt myself a little disappointed at the end of the film that it didn't quite live up to expectations. I can't really place my finger on what the problem was but the makers just didn't quite pull it off. The story wasn't bad and gives scope for sequels but I think they tried to complicate something that should have been simple.

The animation was the film's saving grace. If you are a fan of the art behind computer animation then you will really appreciated this film. The owls were fantastic and, as James said, they were so lifelike they could have been the real thing. It is a marvel how animation has developed over the last 15 years - if you said to the creators of Toy Story back in 1995 to create a programme for owl feathers in torrential rain they would probably run away screaming.

I have to admit that I fell asleep during this film, which I don't often do. I am taking that as a sign it is a tad on the lengthy side. I wouldn't mind watching it again on DVD but I won't be rushing out to the shops to pre-order just yet. I give this film {{{2.5 out of 5}}}

They said:
We both agree that despite the fantastic artwork this film left us rather disinterested by the final frame. Probably worth a watch but not to be raved over, we give this film {{{4.5 out of 10}}}


Question time:
Have you seen a film that left you feeling lukewarm recently? Tell us about it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment