Sunday, February 27, 2011
Excelsior: the February Big Quiz
Buff Quiz Questions
1. Director Brad Bird voiced which character in his animated film The Incredibles?
a. Mirage b. Edna E'More c. Mrs Hogenson
2. Before filming Spider-Man 2 Tobey Maguire sustained a back injury. Although he recovered in time to film, who was lined up to take the role over?
a. Jake Gyllenhaal b. Karl Urban c. Casey Affleck
3. Comic book writer Mark Millar is the brains behind Kick-Ass. What Angelina Jolie film was also an adaptation of one of Millar's works?
a. Wanted b. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow c. Salt
4. V for Vendetta was based on a series of graphic novels by which author?
a. Mike Mignolia b. David Lloyd c. Alan Moore
5. DC comics started life as Detective Comics in which year?
a. 1925 b. 1936 c. 1947
6. The film Ghost World was adapted from a graphic novel to the screen by Terry Zwigoff. What other film has he directed?
a. Beetlejuice b. Bad Santa c. The Island
Noob Quiz Questions:
1. Edward Norton played Bruce Banner aka The Incredible Hulk... but who has been cast in Joss Whedon's film The Avengers to play the same role?
a. Mark Ruffalo b. Jeremy Renner c. Clark Gregg
2. What newspaper does Peter Parker take photographs for?
a. Daily Planet b. The Daily Bugle c. Metropolis Times
3. Gotham city is home to which superhero?
a. Batman b. Captain America c. Deadpool
4. Which of these films is not Marvel?
a. Blade b. Jonah Hex c. X-Men
5. In what year did the original Superman film starring Christopher Reeve come out?
a. 1978 b. 1983 c. 1986
6. Who directed Watchmen?
a. David Slade b. Greg Mottola c. Zack Snyder