Film reviews and movie news

WE HAVE MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE!

YOU CAN FIND OUR REVIEWS, QUIZES, VIDEOS AND MORE OVER AT HESAIDSHESAIDFM.COM

Monday, February 21, 2011

Never Let Me Go

Directed by: Mark Romanek
Released: UK 11 feb 2011
Starring: Kiera Knightley, Carey Mulligan, Andrew Garfield



IMDB Link

She said:

I was really keen to see Never Let me Go since it opened the London Film Festival. I enjoy the three actors playing the leads and was really interested to see if their chemistry in interviews translated into this film. When we actually saw this I was really intrigued - and that really is the best word to use.

I didn't know much about the plot apart from it being about three children who grew up together. What the film actually is, without giving the story away, is really a science fiction (not the aliens are attacking us kind... that would just be weird) idea locked in a drama presentation.

I was really moved by the whole picture. It perhaps isn't a film I want to watch over and over again. It is rather deep and challenging in places, but I really enjoyed it. I like coming out from the cinema feeling that I have something new to think about or that my life has been enriched by watching the film. This is one of those films.

I give this film {{{3.5 out of 5}}}

He said:

I am really not sure that I have a definitive opinion on Never Let Me Go. It is a film that is very intense and it made me think, but I'm not sure that either of those things are enough to make feel that it was a good film. It was well written and brilliantly acted. The film can not be easily categorized as one specific genre, which is in part the majority of its appeal.

The relationship between the three leading roles was absolutely spot on. The chemistry never felt forced or put on, and even in the quiet moments of the film you believed their emotions were genuine. While I don't have much to say about this film, and it isn't the type of film that invites multiple viewings I did enjoy it. I give it {{{3.5 out of 5}}}

They said: A beautifully written, beautifully shot drama which, whilst grey and challenging, is bound to find a place in many hearts. We give this film {{{7 out of 10}}}

No comments:

Post a Comment