Film reviews and movie news

WE HAVE MOVED TO A NEW WEBSITE!

YOU CAN FIND OUR REVIEWS, QUIZES, VIDEOS AND MORE OVER AT HESAIDSHESAIDFM.COM

Friday, January 7, 2011

She said: Best films of 2010



QUESTION 1: What were the best films of 2010?
QUESTION 2: What were the most overrated films of 2010?

She Said's most overrated films:

Sherlock Holmes.

I know I am going to get into trouble for saying this but I thought it was dreadful. Not only did I fall asleep, which I have only ever done twice or thrice at most ever, but it was just like watching something British being battered with the Hollywood sign. I am not saying this because I am a big Arthur Conan Doyle fan - to be honest if I had never heard of Sherlock Holmes before I still would have thought the film was overrated. Now please don't hurt me.

Click here for our review.

Megamind.

Now, don't get me wrong - I really enjoyed this film. But it was extrememly overrated. There is a trend with big animated films with huge stars in. The marketing teams tend to repeatedly hold up a sign in front of you for months saying "YOU WILL LOVE THIS - IT IS HILARIOUS" that when it comes to the actual film there is big anti-climax. Plus I hate Jonah Hill. Shiver.

Click here for our review.

Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole.

I fell asleep during this film as well. Yawny-McYawnerson. It could have done with being about forty minutes shorter. I was expecting big things from this. It had a title theme by 30 Seconds to Mars for Gandalf's sake. But alas. It just 'weren't all that'.

Click here for our review.

Clash of the Titans.

Not worth the 3D and, to be quite honest, I put it on par with Percy Jackson. If not slightly behind. I can't really remember much about the film - always a bad sign when the film was supposed to be a blockbuster hit. Same goes for Robin Hood, the third film I fell asleep through this year.

Click here for our review.

See you at the movies!

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I enjoyed Sherlock Holmes. And I honestly didn't expect to. When I saw the trailer, my thought was, "Great cast, HORRIBLE IDEA." I believe I was mistaken.

    Was it a cinematic masterpiece? God no. Was it an enjoyable movie? Yes. Especially, admittedly, as the in-"flight" movie for the train I was on down to Portland when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete